Hal Croasmun is a recognized expert in the Screenwriting world and the President of ScreenwritingU.
He is also the founder of National Screenwriters Day celebrated each year on January 5th to get writers the recognition they deserve. And he is the author of the Best Selling book, 33 Ways to Sell Your Screenplay.
He’s spoken at screenwriting events and festivals including the Austin Film Festival, InkTip Pitch Summit, Screenwriting Expo, and many others.
Coming from a corporate training background, Hal’s specialty is designing “Expert Model” classes that give deep insight into what it takes to be the best in an industry. To that end, he’s interviewed over 750 Hollywood producers and 120 agents/managers to design screenwriting programs that make it easy for writers to create amazing screenplays. His specialty is taking complex subjects like subtext, high concept, and creating characters for movie stars, and breaking them down into simple steps and processes.
In the last 17 years, he has:
- Designed more than 30 screenwriting “Expert Model” classes including the famous ProSeries class. and the Master Screenwriter Certificate program that takes writers into the market to make deals with producers. But the latest breakthrough program is the Binge Worthy TV Bootcamp that so many writers are just raving about!
- Interviewed over 750 Hollywood producers, 120 agents and managers, and 100 A-list screenwriters.
- Helped over 300 writers break in (see ScreenwritingU Success Stories).
- Headed up the most effective and supportive Online writers group — the ScreenwritingU Alumni.
- Produced 30 behind-the-scenes events introducing SU Alumni to Hollywood producers and managers.
Corporate Training Experience
From 1989 – 2000, Hal owned and operated Beyond Learning Training Technologies where he designed training programs for over 125 major corporations including Boeing, NASA, National Car Rental, McDonalds, Apple Computer, Glaxo Smith Klein, and many others.
In his spare time, he rides horses, plays poker, and spends time with his family.