THE VISION: To master scene writing by analyzing great scenes, searching for insights and breakthroughs, and transferring the learning into your own writing.
This program was born in the midst of an interview with a manager who said that most screenplays have average quality scenes.
What if you doubled the quality of your scene writing?
Do this and every scene in your current script will be captivating for the reader. Every scene will confirm that you are a professional! Anyone who reads your script will be blown away!
THIS CLASS OBJECTIVE: Have each of you become stunning scene writers!
This program is designed to cause breakthroughs in the quality of your scene writing.
In this class you will…
- Analyze great scenes every day!
- Work with scenes from 20 different perspectives!
- Master the 4 types of scenes.
- Have regular insights and breakthroughs!
- Build all of those insights into your current script!
STRUCTURE OF THE CLASS
I’ll post a recording of a 60 minute teleconference that analyzes a high quality scene and gives an overview of the week. The first recording is already posted in the Facebook group.
Monday to Friday:
I’ll post a scene each day to watch and analyze. These will be posted around 6 AM Pacific time.
- Watch the scene and analyze it based upon the set of criteria presented.
- Post your analysis, breakthroughs, and insights in the scene topic.
- Read the insights from the group and make notes to improve your own scene.
- Tell us what you learned from the process and from rewriting your scene.